Discussion Guide for July/August
- What would you do to evangelize in a situation like this? What virtues are helpful in this situation?
- How do you respond when coworkers ask you about your faith?
- Have you and your spouse ever dealt with the issue of funeral pre-planning? How did you begin the discussion?
- Is your view of death hopeful or pessimistic? What does Scripture teach about this?
- Have you ever had to confront someone about their behavior? In what ways did both parties adapt in the situation?
- How do you approach a difficult situation in charity?
- Have you attended another retreat that could provide ideas on how to make an in-home retreat fruitful? Were there specific themes or exercises that you could bring into your home?
- Do you ever attempt to make even a small daily retreat through prayer?
- How familiar are you with the catechism and other Vatican II documents on marriage? What other reading material about marriage and the family have you found helpful?
- What are practical ways that you and your family can more fully live out the Church’s teaching on the mission of the family?
- What are some ways in which you share your gifts with others?
- Brother Francis was obedient to his superior, and it led him to a life he had not envisioned. Have you ever had a similar experience, perhaps on a smaller scale? How has God worked in your life through the advice of others?
- Have you ever had to comfort someone of a different religion who has lost a loved one? How did you approach the situation?
- How can we find hope and meaning in grief?
- What kind of family traditions do you have, and how are they passed down? Is faith part of that tradition?
- How often do you make an examination of conscience to prepare for the “final farewell”?
- Does your family have a structured summer vacation?
- Do you allow yourself to take a break from the busyness of life, while still realizing that your prayer life should not have a break? What is your prayer life routine?
- Have you ever forgiven a person after they did something really terrible to you or to your family?
- How can we grow in the beatitude of meekness?
- What are specific ways you can use social media to spread the Gospel?
- How did Pat’s story inspire you to become a better disciple?
- How do you help those less able than you come to Jesus?