Discussion Guide for September
- Have you ever had to encourage someone to be more confident in their own abilities?
- What are different ways to communicate with charity in the workplace?
- What do the Scriptures say about lying?
- How do you rebuild trust after someone has lied to you?
- What are ways in which you can venerate the Holy Cross in your home and life?
- Do you ever take time to meditate on the Cross and Passion of our Lord?
- How has divorce affected you?
- What are some ways in which we can have a conversation about divorce and remarriage with those who are unaware of Church teaching?
- What advice does scripture give about addictions and freedom from sins?
- Have you ever had to help a loved one through an addiction? How?
- How do you respond with charity and inclusiveness in such a situation?
- How do you handle relationships on social media? Do you use it for dialogue or is it a substitute for real relationships?
- Have you seen seniors in your life make a difference?
- What are ways to keep your faith life strong as the years pass?
- What virtues did Fr. Fred exhibit as he sought to live out his vocation?
- What can we learn from Fr. Fred’s faith journey?
- How does living in a community help us grow in faith?
- Does your parish have similar ministries?
- What are other volunteer opportunities that affirm the value of life?
- Have you attended conferences or retreats in order to strengthen your faith life? How did the experience impact your faith?
- What do you do for your faith life when it becomes “depleted”?
- What virtues did the Iraqi sisters exhibit?
- Have you known Dominicans sisters in your life? Did you know there are congregations all over the world?
- Do we remember to thank God for our own blessings and for simple things we might take for granted?
- What specific virtues can we learn from each of the archangels?
- What are ways to incorporate devotion to the archangels into everyday life?
- What advice does Scripture give about modesty and propriety?
- Has inappropriate work attire ever affected or distracted you?
- How can Christians preach the gospel and admonish in charity?