Discussion Guide for November
1. Andrea talks about the “angels” God has put in her life and how they have helped her. Can you identify people in your life who have been there for you and helped you see Jesus working in your life?
2. How does Jesus teach us to treat the “others” around us such as seasonal farm workers or those who do not speak our language well? (Lk 6:31)
1. Andy is fortunate enough to be able to openly bring his faith into the workplace. How do you practice your Christian ideals in your office?
2. Genesys strives to make a difference in the city of Flint. How have you responded to the diocesan initiative FAITH in Flint?
1. Do you have plans to perform the corporal and/or spiritual works of mercy during this Jubilee year?
2. How can the sacrament of reconciliation shine a light on God’s mercy during this year?
1. Does the term “peacemaking lawyer” seem like a contradiction?
2. What does Jesus say you should do when you have a problem with your brother or sister? (Mt 18:15)
1. Have you ever had trouble forgiving your spouse? Do you think problems relating to money are more difficult to forgive than other types of transgressions?
2. Jesus speaks of forgiveness often in his teachings. What specific examples can you think of when Scripture speaks about forgiveness? (Mt 6:14-15; Eph 1:7)
1. How do you see the family as the microcosm of the universal Church?
2. During his visit to the U.S., Pope Francis called the family “a factory of hope.” Do you agree with the Holy Father that, with families, “there is always light”?
1. Have you ever had to resist helping a college-aged son or daughter with a problem while they were away at school?
2. Have you witnessed a college-aged son or daughter grow in responsibility and maturity because they have handled problems on their own?
1. Have you ever suggested a faith-based charity for workplace giving? How was the idea received?
1. Do you know any religious brothers or sisters who live in community? What types of sacrifices do you think Joe and the other Oblates have to make as part of a larger community?