St. Casimir church celebrates its final Mass
On Sunday, Aug. 2, Bishop Boyea tied a red ribbon around the doors of St. Casimir Parish after celebrating the last Mass there. The ribbons on the church door signify the end of the parish's 99-year history. The church opened in 1921 in the Moores Park neighborhood in Lansing to serve Lansing's growing Polish community, and was an important part of the neighborhood. Service to the community through parish outreach programs and events such as the fish fries and the annual corn roast will be greatly missed.
The Parish of St. Casimir will be incorporated back into the Parish of St. Mary Cathedral in downtown Lansing.