1. Protecting your privacy
- Your information is in no way shared with third parties for marketing purposes. (i.e., no tracking devices)
- Your account information is password-protected.
- FAITH Catholic does not knowingly collect any information from persons under the age of 13. If FAITH Catholic learns that a posting is by a person under the age of 13, FAITH Catholic will remove that post.
- FAITH Catholic, or people who post on FAITH Catholic, may provide links to third-party websites. We are not responsible for, nor can in any way control, the privacy policies of those third party websites, and encourage all users to read the privacy policies of every website visited.
2. Data we collect
- Your email address is requested for purposes such as authenticating user accounts, providing subscription email services, registering for forums, soliciting for advertising by FAITH Catholic, updates for new events, etc.
- FAITH Catholic does not store credit card information. Credit card transactions are transmitted to a financial gateway, and we endeavor to protect the security of your payment information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology.
- We may collect personal information if you provide comments or if you contact us directly. Please do not post any personal information on FAITH Catholic's forums or event pages that you do not intend to make public.
- Our web logs collect standard web log entries for each page served, including your IP address, page URL, device and browser used, and timestamp. Web logs help us to diagnose problems with our server, to administer the FAITH Catholic site, and to otherwise provide our service to you.
3. Data we store
All event posts are stored in our database, even after "deletion," and may be archived elsewhere. Our web logs and other records are stored indefinitely. Although the information is stored in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee complete security.
4. Archiving and display of FAITH Catholic postings by search engines and other sites
Search engines and other sites not affiliated with FAITH Catholic – including archive.org, google.com, and groups.yahoo.com – will archive or otherwise make available FAITH Catholic postings.
5. Interaction With Children Online
FAITH Catholic is committed to the protection of children’s online privacy. The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) governs information gathered online from or about children under the age of 13. Verifiable consent from a child’s parent or guardian is required before collecting, using, or disclosing personal information from a child under age 13. If a FAITH Catholic website intends to collect information about children under 13 years old, COPPA-required information and instructions will be provided by the specific web page that collects information about the child. The web page will specify exactly what the information will be used for, who will see it, and how long it will be kept.
6. Circumstances in which FAITH Catholic may release information
FAITH Catholic may disclose user information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to follow the legal process or in response to requests from law enforcement.
7. International Users
Due to the international dimension of FAITH Catholic, the data provided by the user may be utilized for the purposes identified in this policy, including the transmission of information outside your resident jurisdiction. Such data may be stored on servers located in the United States. By providing us with your data, you consent to the transfer of such data.
8. Website Cookies
We appreciate your feedback! Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.